We’re constantly after the idea of staying active, so much that it is something of an unwritten motto for AEC Living in general. A little bit of everything we do is trying to keep our seniors active and engaged. And as they say, if you don’t use it, you lose it. Being physicallyRead more
Seniors can practice good mental health habits. Here are some simple guidelines that can even be adapted to the abilities of the frail and the cognitively impaired.
± Make decisions. The process of working through information and situations, then reaching a conclusion, sharpens the mind and adds to one’s independence.
± Get going. Movement and exercise help
Did you know that staying positive can lower the level of stress in your life? It can also improve your psychological and physical being because it affects your outlook on life. For #wellnesswednesday this week, let’s keep things simple: offer more smiles than frowns, more assistance than criticism, and make more friends than enemies. MyRead more
The immune system is critical in fighting against all #disease, including #Covid19. We work hard to keep those in our care in fighting shape.
One area we focus on is #sleep, a critical element in maintaining a strong immune system. We avoid items with caffeine later in the day,Read more
One of our favorite therapy classes on offer for seniors in our community is now a year-round class.
We’re very proud and excited about our Thriving With #Parkinsons Class, which has been in the past, usually been a seasonal class but now our class is offered year round!
At $40 a month, it’s actually a small
Join us for the next Elders Village Talk at Mastick Senior Center on “Brain Games: Keep Your Brain Sharp,” as we will discuss and investigate the relationship between lifestyle and cognition.Read more
- Bill T. Sweeps up his Third Year as Janitor at The Waters Edge Lodge
- Lisa H. is heralded as our Heroic Administrative Clerk After Her Fourth Year
- Community Update 09.27.2021
- Victoria F. is Venerated After 14 years as PCA at The Inn
- Jeremy J. is Jubilant in His First Year as Trainer at AES Therapy and Fitness
- Elders Inn 1721 Webster St Alameda, CA 94501 (510) 521-9200
- Waters Edge Lodge 801 Island Drive Alameda, CA 94502 (510) 748-4300
- Phoenix Commons 340 29th Ave Oakland, CA 94601 (510) 217-8527
- AES Therapy & Fitness 1725 Webster StreetAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 748-0158
- AEC Home Care 2425 Webb AveAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 629-4959