FAQ Friday: How are RCFEs Regulated and Licensed in California?

#FAQFriday: How are RCFEs Regulated and Licensed in California?
A ‘frequently asked question’? Well not necessarily, but it’s something the average Joe or Jane should know. According to CALA, The California Assisting Living Association.. “Assisted Living communities are licensed by the California Department of Social Services (DSS) Community Care Licensing Department (CCLD) as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (#RCFE). RCFEs are regulated by the California Code of Regulations Title 22 and the RCFE Act.”
The thing that we really take seriously and we strive very, very hard for is, “compliance” with community care licensing. Safe to say that most of our meetings and what we do is to make sure that we go well beyond what is considered compliance by The State of California so that we an proudly post our license on the wall. Compliance is the bare minimum we can do, and it’s a balance we strike between offering great services and what we call aging successfully. So that when ‘The State’ does come in unannounced, we aren’t running round like chickens with our heads cut off, we can show them what we’ve been up to and give detailed files and documentation to support our services and care. A great example was the other week when the State Ombudsman came by to check out Elders Inn.. it was like our Administrator, Enrique and the Ombudsman were catching up and were old business friends. And that’s really the way it should be. We’re all working together and very committed doing our very best for the people in our care.
Have a good weekend everybody. <3
#eldercare #alamedaseniorcitizens #alameda #elderlyadvice