Staying Calm and Carrying On
The health and safety concerns of our residents at our AEC Living communities and corporate headquarters during this heightened alert to prevent the spread of the coronavirus is now our primary focus. At the same time, we also need to remember how important it is to “Stay Calm and Carry On”.
Let’s practice self-care by managing what we can control by prioritizing our own well-being.
- Get enough sleep, read an engaging book, enjoy a warm bath or foot soak, have quiet time, meditate, pray, and find ways to relax.
- Limit social media and online time.
- Be informed, but get your information from reliable sources who offer expert, calm recommendations. Avoid alarmists or those who over-dramatize the news.
- Talk with others…your caring family and your friends about your concerns or any anxiousness you may be feeling. Encourage them to do the same.
- Reach out to co-workers, neighbors and your like-minded social circle to maintain a positive outlook and morale.
We’re all in this together and we can, indeed, “Carry On”!
– – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – —-
Written by: Cheryl Champ
Community Living Specialist