Some people tend to worry and live with a high level of anxiety. Strive to alleviate their nervousness. Communication is key. For some residents, writing notes on issues that worry them help to organize their thoughts, lessening the need to worry. When they want to know at what time they will be taking their medication or when an activity is starting, they just read (and reread) their note. It is also important to understand that a resident may be nervous about participating in an activity, even when it is something they have had an interest in. It’s important to make the transition to the activity (and it’s group of people) pleasant and keep the person in their comfort zone. Tell them ahead of time who they will be seeing, show them pictures/videos, build their confidence and address their fears.
You might also like
Caregiver Tuesday: Make sure your medication list is up to date and Safely Dispose of Prescription Drugs
- Elders Inn 1721 Webster St Alameda, CA 94501 (510) 521-9200
- Waters Edge Lodge 801 Island Drive Alameda, CA 94502 (510) 748-4300
- Phoenix Commons 340 29th Ave Oakland, CA 94601 (510) 217-8527
- AES Therapy & Fitness 1725 Webster StreetAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 748-0158
- AEC Home Care 2425 Webb AveAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 629-4959