We’re always looking at ways to make sure our residents are engaged and feel apart of their community. Our residents in memory care are definitely no exception to the rule and at Elders Inn we’ve started a new project with the help from a gardening therapy company called Eldergrow where residents take time to maintain
About Elders Inn
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Elders Inn contributed a whooping 49 entries.
On April 19th, we traveled to the Land of the Rising Sun – Japan for our World Tour Lunch! Each of our dining rooms were decorated with beautiful Japanese decor.
Halloween 2017 was a monster mash smash! Staff and residents went all out with Halloween spirit filling Elders Inn with pure joy. Nancy, our Activities Coordinator, cackled like a witch all week long on the intercom, announcing events for the day, which helped set the spooktacular tone. Residents, their families, and staff were all up for it!
This past Sunday, July 17th, Elders Inn celebrated Grandparents’ Day with an ice cream social held in our large patio. We went all out with a variety of ice cream and yummy toppings such as: walnuts, cookie crumbles, M&Ms, chocolate chips, syrups, and whipped cream. We even had adorable polka dot cups to put our ice cream in.
The Urquhart Memorial Concert Band came to Elders Inn and gave us an outstanding performance. It was an early evening performance. The weather was picture perfect for them to play outdoors on our large patio. A sweater or a light jacket would suffice for the evening of classical music, Broadway tunes, and Big Band hits.
Congratulations to Debaki S., who is celebrating her 1st anniversary with AEC Living today! Debaki works at Elders Inn as a Personal Care Attendant & we are grateful for her hard work & dedication to our organization.
Congratulations to Anju B., who is celebrating her 1st anniversary with AEC Living today! Anju works at Elders Inn as a Personal Care Attendant & we are thankful for her hard work & dedication to our company!
On Sunday, June 11th, Elders Inn’s held our annual Gentlemen’s BBQ to honor the special men in our lives. Everyone from the staff to the residents had a blast!
On June 5th, the residents and staff were treated to a special outdoor performance from the AEF (Alameda Education Foundation) string ensemble under the conduction of Donna Eyestone.
On Sunday, May 7th, Elders Inn held our our annual Ladies’ Tea. It was perfect! Our residents and families lit up with smiles when they saw our pretty table settings. Everyone enjoyed our elegant tiered plates of tea sandwiches, sweet treats, and of course, our assorted flavored teas served in beautiful tea cups and tea pots!
- Nina F. Cleans House in her Second Year
- #FAQFriday.. Staying Active, what does that mean?
- Caregiver Tuesday: Make sure your medication list is up to date and Safely Dispose of Prescription Drugs
- Bill T. Sweeps up his Second Year as Janitor at The Waters Edge Lodge
- Caregiver Tuesday: Sharpen The Mind, Work At Keeping Your Mind As Fit & Sharp As Possible
- Elders Inn 1721 Webster St Alameda, CA 94501 (510) 521-9200
- Waters Edge Lodge 801 Island Drive Alameda, CA 94502 (510) 748-4300
- Phoenix Commons 340 29th Ave Oakland, CA 94601 (510) 217-8527
- AES Therapy & Fitness 1725 Webster StreetAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 748-0158
- AEC Home Care 2425 Webb AveAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 629-4959