January is National Glaucoma Month and eye drops are an important treatment for this, and many other, age related eye diseases. Here are some caregiver tips to help with giving eye drops.
About Lauren C
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Lauren C contributed a whooping 4 entries.
Entries by Lauren C
Glaucoma, the leading cause of blindness in the U.S., is one of four major ARED’s, age-related eye diseases. It is a disorder that damages the optic nerve, the transmission line of 1 million+ nerve fibers that sends pictures from the eye to the brain. In many victims, this illness progresses silently, leading to the alias of “thief in the night.”
We are all so proud of Brian Wong, a long time volunteer at the Waters Edge Lodge, and congratulate him on his receipt of the Jefferson Award. Brian is an amazing young man who not only excels in school and tennis but generously and graciously gives his time to play the piano for our residents.
Performers from Leung’s White Crane Association of San Francisco presented the Lion Dance as Waters Edge Lodge and Elders Inn celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with light refreshments served at Waters Edge Lodge.
Fun was had by all, just look at the pictures below!
- Elders Inn 1721 Webster St Alameda, CA 94501 (510) 521-9200
- Waters Edge Lodge 801 Island Drive Alameda, CA 94502 (510) 748-4300
- Phoenix Commons 340 29th Ave Oakland, CA 94601 (510) 217-8527
- AES Therapy & Fitness 1725 Webster StreetAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 748-0158
- AEC Home Care 1516 Oak Street, #100Alameda, CA 94501 (510) 629-4959