10.02.2020 Update from the COO
There are still no residents or staff with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19.
We continue daily monitoring of staff and residents, and are taking extreem precautions to limit our communities’ exposure. We remain at risk level ORANGE.
- Testing of staff continues and we are pleased that all are coming back Negative with no sign of COVID-19.
- Everyone is encouraged to get their flu shot if they are able to do so. The facilities have arranged for shots to be available in-house for residents and staff.
- We have set up air purifiers throughout the building help improve our indoor air quality.
- If smoke and air quality remains unhealthy we will put outdoor haircuts on hold until the air quality returns to safe levels.
Due to current Pandemic we will NOT be a Polling place this election. This is the first time in several decades that an AEC Living Community is not a Polling Place.
However, we want to make sure everyone who wants to vote gets a ballot and the opportunity to vote.
All California voters should check the address at which they are registered. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, county election office will begin mailing ballots to voters no later than October 5, 2020.
You can check to be sure you are registered to vote, by going to https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov
- You will need to have your last 4 numbers of your social security card, and you California ID or Drivers License.
For residents who need assistance in checking or updating their voter status, our Activity and Administration teams are here to help. These team members will be happy to assist in confirming registration, receiving a ballot, or coordinating assistance with voting. Due to the sensitive nature of voting, assisting anyone with their vote will require notice and the proper personnel observing while vote casting assistance occurs.