Gracious and comfortable senior care community
The Lodge is nestled in a unique and peaceful setting on the lagoon of Harbor Bay. Our 101 apartments provide a warm and familiar atmosphere where residents can maintain an independent and active lifestyle. We offer an extensive list of programs and activities, creating a stimulating social atmosphere where friendships develop and thrive. Residents may also enjoy the many walking trails in the community or visit one of the many professional services, cafes, shops and major stores at Harbor Bay Landing Shopping Center located next door.
801 Island Dr
Alameda, CA 94502
With our caring staff, beautiful gardens, majestic views overlooking the lagoons, and an exceptional activities program, The Lodge has set an industry standard in residential care for more than 20 years. Amenities include:
- 101 pet friendly, private apartments
- Lagoon-side living close to friends, restaurants, and shops
- Courtyard patios
- Private balconies available
- 3 delicious meals per day
- In-house café serves Peet’s coffee and fresh baked snacks every morning and afternoon
- Twice weekly housekeeping
- Weekly linen change
- Personal laundry service
- Health monitoring including: medication management and care planning
- Licensed nurse on-site daily, care staff available 24 hours a day
- Assistance with bathing and dressing as necessary
- On-site fitness and wellness programs including: exercise classes, pain clinics, walker and cane clinics, and wellness seminars
- Activities designed to appeal to a wide variety of interests including: art classes, history and science lectures, music appreciation, card clubs, meditation, current events, weekly happy hour, and more
- Conveniently located for access to one-on-one personal training and Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy from AES Therapy & Fitness
- Walking distance to local stores, restaurants, and professional and religious services
- In-house salon
- No long-term financial commitment or lease necessary
The facility monitors Physician ordered diabetic diets (RCS or CC) and a licensed nurse administers finger stick blood sugar checks and insulin injections up to 4x per day. Additional services include nutritional oversight by a Registered Dietitian and skin condition monitored by a Certified Wound Care Nurse.
At The Lodge, we believe in a well-rounded approach to health and wellness. In accordance with this, residents of The Lodge receive many services from AES Therapy & Fitness, like an annual Senior Fitness Test and a variety of group exercise classes, free of charge. For more information about the current class offerings, please see the group exercise information at AES Therapy and Fitness or The Lodge’s activity calendar.
The mission of the Activity Team at The Lodge is to provide a comprehensive program of activities and events that meet our residents’ recreational, social, intellectual, creative, and spiritual needs. We adhere to the philosophy that we all age more successfully if we are active, filled with a sense of purpose, and surrounded by a supportive network of peers, family, and staff.
Our program caters to the wide range of interest found among our resident population, from foreign language classes and philosophy, to art workshops, meditation, and game clubs. Live music is scheduled daily, along with weekly outings to popular area restaurants and cultural attractions.
If you are caring for an aging loved one and are in need of temporary assistance, consider Respite Care – a short-term stay at The Lodge.
Respite Care is an ideal situation for family members or caregivers who are temporarily unable to care for their loved ones. Respite Care offers caregivers and family members time to address other obligations (such as business trips and vacations) and offer seniors in need of extra assistance following a hospital stay or during an illness the help they need allowing them to recover in a beautiful and safe setting. Many of our residents also begin their long-term stay with us after receiving Respite Care; a short-term stay allows them an evaluation period of our facility before deciding if we are the right choice for them. Standard respite care is for a minimum of one week and a maximum of one month, and includes all the amenities of assisted living at each specific facility. At all AEC facilities this is a minimum of:
- A room with private restroom,
- 3 meals and 2 snacks daily,
- Medication management,
- Daily oversight by a licensed nurse,
- Assistance with bathing,
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service,
- Participation in group exercise and wellness classes, and
- Daily in-house entertainment and activities.
When recovering from surgery or a serious illness it can take effort to get back in to shape. To assist in the recovery process, we have designed the Re-fit Program that combines a respite length stay with Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapy and personal training to help get you back in shape sooner, it includes the services of respite care, plus:
- Evaluation by a Physical Therapist upon admission
- One Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapy session each week
- Two personal training sessions a week
- Escort to and from meals and activities