In recent news, Phoenix Commons has been once again featured in our local newspapers.. this time our Senior Co-Housing project has been featured in the SF Chronicle by journalist, Kathleen Pender. In her article, it describes some of the challenges that face similar Senior Co-housing projects across the nation, the Bay Area and in Denmark.. one ofRead more
Lonesome blues has been cited for a major component of ‘Boomers’ wanting to join co-housing in order to combat isolation amongst seniors. In the most recent article about Phoenix Commons, the concept of intentional community was addressed as being a solution, to not just get a sense of support, security, and housing, but as a wayRead more
Heralded as a bold “brave new world” of senior living, The East Bay Times has shone the light on our Phonix Commons Cohousing property. The article cited the needs for cohousing and few options available for seniors in a tough housing market, such as ending isolation, creating a sense of community and trust, as wellRead more
In a stunning article, by Bisnow, the online magazine commemorates 2 years of Pheonix Commons and AEC Living’s foray into the world of senior cohousing. Stating, the successes, challenges, and examples set by cohousing.
Click here to view the article…
Our Senior Co-housing project was recently featured in the local online publication Berkelyside, describing our commitment to seniors and our dedication to providing many options to seniors facing retirement and looking for a sense of community in their golden years. Janis Mara provides a great article on what the project is all about and provides anRead more
- Community Living Specialist, Jordan makes an indelible impression on her First Year with AEC Living.
- In The News: Phoenix Commons as Featured in the SF Chronicle “The antidote to loneliness”
- Maria V. Unveils Marvelous Decade of Dedicated Service as PCA at Elders Inn
- Barbara C. Oversees an incredible 36 Years as Head Cook and Dietary Supervisor for AEC Living
- Martha M. Sweeps Up Her 12th year As Housekeeper at The Lodge
- Elders Inn 1721 Webster St Alameda, CA 94501 (510) 521-9200
- The Lodge 801 Island Drive Alameda, CA 94502 (510) 748-4300
- Phoenix Commons 340 29th Ave Oakland, CA 94601 (510) 217-8527
- AES Therapy & Fitness 1725 Webster StreetAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 748-0158