We are all so proud of Brian Wong, a long time volunteer at the Waters Edge Lodge, and congratulate him on his receipt of the Jefferson Award. Brian is an amazing young man who not only excels in school and tennis but generously and graciously gives his time to play the piano for our residents.Read more
Performers from Leung’s White Crane Association of San Francisco presented the Lion Dance as Waters Edge Lodge and Elders Inn celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with light refreshments served at Waters Edge Lodge.
Fun was had by all, just look at the pictures below!
By: David Ruttan
I recently had the pleasure to see a short movie detailing a new concept of organizing for world peace. They call themselves “The Elders” and the group consists of world leaders, both political and religious, who have banded together to make a difference and promote world peace. The group consists of many
For those afflicted with Parkinson’s, or those who know someone who is, this is an interesting article about Cycling with Parkinson’s.Read more
The Waters Edge Nursing Home is proud to announce that Medicare has given us their highest ranking of 5 stars. You can learn more here:
After the age of 50, the average person will lose 3-5% of their muscle mass each year unless they pursue a regular exercise program. This loss of muscle mass will result in weakness, decreased endurance, impaired walking and increased difficulties in doing normal activities of daily living. It can also contribute to a decreaseRead more
Millie our 105 year old resident and Wii bowling champ was featured on Sports Wrap with Fred Inglis this weekend. She beat Fred easily, but it looks like everyone had a good time!Read more
Alameda Elder Communities is proud to announce that we have WON Best Assisted Living 2009 in KRON4’s annual Best of the Bay competition! Thank you to all the Residents and Staff who make this place great and to everyone who voted. Don’t forget to vote again for 2010!
Watch our winning video here.
Brian Fong, who plays at the Lodge weekly was honored last night by CBS 5 for using his musical talent philanthropically. The clip shows him playing in our living room and features a number of our residents.
Watch Brian and our residents here.
Long-Term Living Magazine just voted Elders Inn on Webster as the Best New Construction Design!
Read the article here.
- Community Living Specialist, Jordan makes an indelible impression on her First Year with AEC Living.
- In The News: Phoenix Commons as Featured in the SF Chronicle “The antidote to loneliness”
- Maria V. Unveils Marvelous Decade of Dedicated Service as PCA at Elders Inn
- Barbara C. Oversees an incredible 36 Years as Head Cook and Dietary Supervisor for AEC Living
- Martha M. Sweeps Up Her 12th year As Housekeeper at The Lodge
- Elders Inn 1721 Webster St Alameda, CA 94501 (510) 521-9200
- The Lodge 801 Island Drive Alameda, CA 94502 (510) 748-4300
- Phoenix Commons 340 29th Ave Oakland, CA 94601 (510) 217-8527
- AES Therapy & Fitness 1725 Webster StreetAlameda, CA 94501 (510) 748-0158